Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Google tries to prevent drunk emails

"When I heard that Google had unveiled a new feature called Mail Goggles that is designed to stop you from sending embarrassing e-mails while drunk by requiring you to do math problems, my first thought was, That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. My second thought was, I want to try it."
_______________

12:17 a.m. Four glasses(of wine). To my unemployed friend with a master's degree: "Why don't you move out of your parents' house and get a real job?"

12:43 a.m. E-mail a co-worker and complain about the economic depression.

1:09 a.m. Mail Goggles makes me answer "8 x 2" twice. I use this opportunity to tell my cousin that her feet smell.

1:37 a.m. I drink some more wine and try to tell a friend that his hipster arm tattoo is going to look ridiculous when he gets older, but I can't type the words correctly and I get stumped on 517-139. I keep forgetting to carry the numbers. "Water and bed for you," says Mail Goggles, but then it lets me try again. And again. My insult succeeds on the third try.


Article by Claire Suddath for Time.com here

No comments: