Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Burning House Project

The Burning House Project answers the question, "If your house was on fire what would you save?" Creator Robert Holden said, "It's a conflict between what's practical, valuable, and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question."

Hannah Queen, 20, Blue Ridge, Georgia, Photographer- Basket of family photos, old and new - Macbook - iPhone - Wallet - Cast iron skillet
- Leather bracelet with mustard seed charm, which was my grandmothers - Leather bracelet, a gift from my mom - L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream - L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra - Letters & postcards from friends - Favorite tea towel, which was a gift
- The complete works of Jane Austen - Blue ball jar, filled with river rocks. Souvenirs from a perfect day.
- Minnetonka moccasins - Favorite wooden spoon - Two forks from old family silverware
- Twig spoon, a gift from a friend - Not pictured, Canon 5d Mark II

Rohan L Anderson, 35, Ballarat, Australia, Photography & Design
- Nixon Chrono Dive Watch - Japanese bone handle knife (had it for 22 years) - Led Lenser torch
- iPhone - Nikon 50mm f/1.4 - 500gig Time Machine Back Up - Macbook
- My glasses. Can’t see without em so may as well gram em! (yes they have real lenses in them) - One of my Nikons. - CZ 22 Magnum. It’s my favourite hunting tool. - Barbor International
- G-Star Raw circa 2004? Love these guys. I haven’t bought G-Star since. I’m happy just to keep these as the best pair of jeans I’ve ever owned.

Tucker Gorman, 23, Maine, Aspiring Industrial Designer
- Lifelong teddy bear Chewy (Chewbacca) - Journal/sketchbook from spring of 2009 in Denmark
- Norse Projects 5-panel hat - Larry Bird autographed basketball - Citizen Eco Drive Watch
- Leatherman Freestyle Tool - Phone charger - Mac Book Proa - HTC Droid Incredible - LL Bean zip-up tote

Laura Pritchett, 24, Southern Delaware, Artist
- The unglamorous but practical galoshes that I wear most often - A painting I am (almost) satisfied with
- An irreplaceable blouse which has no tag and I have no idea who made it, but love - The wooden clothes hanger from my grandfather’s closet - The perfectly weathered belt I am rarely without 
- Candid shot of grandfather and his car - The last remnant of family plaid my grandmother brought back from Ireland - Keys from my childhood scavenging - 1957 edition of the Fanny Farmer Cookbook with my grandmother’s and mother’s recipe alterations handwritten in the margins - The bit I trained two horses with - Klein bag with my well broken in sable brushes - The hatchet my great grandfather used to build his house - The Ball jar that I keep all of my flash drives in - Family Bible - Moleskine journal I kept while traveling in Uganda - First fabric sample produced by Tukula.org with my design for Ugandan tailors - iPhone

No comments: